Note: Our course modules work best on the latest version of Google Chrome. If your course is not loading, update your browser and/or check your internet connectivity as a first step.
Practice of Commercial Real Estate Course (With Instructor Sessions)
The Practice of Commercial Real Estate course is the pre-licensing course you need to sell commercial real estate in Alberta. This complete program covers all of the topics you’ll encounter on the licensing exam, and in your commercial practice. This course is 100% online and self-paced, so you can complete it on your own schedule.
Please note: The Fundamentals of Real Estate course is a pre-requisite to this course. If you have yet to take this course, we recommend purchasing the Commercial Real Estate License Bundle.
- Introduction to Commercial Real Estate
- Types of Commercial Properties
- Redevelopment/ Reclamation
- Commercial Construction Components
- Green Buildings / Sustainability
- Investment Property Analysis
- Leases & Pro Forma Analysis
- Commercial Development
- Highest & Best Use Analysis
- Commercial Leasing Process
- Landlord/Tenant Representation
- 7 Step Formula
- Key Matters in Commercial Real Estate
- Radon Risks
- Common Errors & Omissions
- Commercial Real Estate Brokerages
- Course Length: 70-80 hours
- Course Delivery: eLearning, self-study
- Certification: Certificate of Course Completion
- Certificate Expiration: Upon completing the course, learners have 3 months to write the relevant exam with RECA.
- Accredited by: RECA
- Exam: Administered by RECA (more information)
- Exam Length: 3 hours
- Exam Attempts: 2
- Passing Grade: 70%
Note: For the Practice of Commercial Real Estate exam, you will require the HP 10bii financial calculator which is permitted in MOST testing locations. You must check your desired location’s limitations at RECA Examination Centres before booking.